Publication Ethics and Malpractice
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Publication Ethics and Malpractices Guidelines of Jurnal Gizi dan Pangan Soedirman
Jurnal Gizi dan Pangan Soedirman is a peer-reviewed journal to publish articles in the field of nutrition science and food. Jurnal Gizi dan Pangan Soedirman committed to the ethical standards set for all entities involved in the publication of article.
Publication and authorship
- All submitted papers are subject to strict peer-review process by reviewer that is experts in the area of the paper.
- Review process is blind peer review.
- The factors that are taken into account in review are relevance, significance, originality, readability and language.
- The possible decisions include acceptance, acceptance with revisions, or rejection.
- If authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit a submission, there is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted.
- Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed.
- The paper acceptance is constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- No research can be included in more than one publication.
- Authors must ensure only new and original work is submitted.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript has not previously been published elsewhere.
- Authors must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
- Authors must participate in the peer review process.
- Authors must identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript.
- Authors must notify the Editors of any conflicts of interest.
- Authors must inform the Chief Editor or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article can be done.
- Should make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
- Are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if their request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
- Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- Can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- Review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
- Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Chief Editor for further action.
- Should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
- Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Requests for extension to review the submission is at the discretion of the Chief Editor.
Editors Board Members responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
- Act as ambassadors for the journal.
- Continuously support and promote the journal.
- Review any work assigned to them.
Chief Editor responsibilities
- Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- Give clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
- Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.