Editorial board made JAD's publication ethics in order to hinder plagiarism in publication. This publication ethics applied to authors, editors, and reviewers. The publication ethics refers to the ethical requirements set by the scientific publications Research Professor Assembly (MPR) Indonesian Institute of Sciences (2014).
- Authors of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed and the results, followed by an objective discussion of the significance of the work. Authors should ensure that they have written and submit only entirely original works, and if they have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited. Publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the work reported in the article should also be cited. Papers describing essentially the same research should not be published in more than one journal or primary publication. Hence, authors should not submit for consideration a manuscript that has already been published in another journal.
- Only persons who are considered to have significances contributions should be listed as authors in the article. All persons who indirectly made substantial contributions to the work reported in the article must not be listed as an author, but should be acknowledged in the "Acknowledgements" section.Authors should ensure that they have properly acknowledged the work of others by citing publications that supported the nature of the work..
- When authors discover significant errors or inaccuracies in their own published work, it is their obligation to promptly notify the journal’s editors or publisher and cooperate with them to either correct the paper in the form of an erratum or to retract the paper. If the editors or publisher learns from a third party that a published work contains a significant error or inaccuracy, then it is the authors’ obligation to promptly correct or retract the paper or provide evidence to the journal editors of the correctness of the paper.
- Authors who publish with this journal agree to retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Lisensi Creative Commons Atribusi-BerbagiSerupa 4.0 InternasionalAuthors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal. Authors should sign copyright transfer agreement when they have approved the final proofs sent by JAD prior the publication
- Reviewer/ editor are competent in the scope of communication studies. As the evidence of papers and their competence, reviewer/ editor candidates will provide a link or URL address of scientific sites, such as Google Scholar/ResearchGate/Orcid/Scopus, and so forth.
Editors evaluate submitted manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic merit (importance, originality, study’s validity, clarity) and its relevance to the journal’s scope. The Editor-in-Chief has full authority over the entire editorial content of the journal and the timing of publication of that content. Editors and editorial staff will keep and confidentiality of the article. All submitted articles considered for publication undergo peer-review by at least two reviewers who are expert in the field.
- Peer review assists editors in making editorial decisions and, through editorial communications with authors, may assist authors in improving their articles. Only qualified referees will be invited to review an article. Any article received for review is a confidential document and will be treated as such; it will not be shown to or discussed with others except if authorized by the Editor-in-Chief. Reviews would be conducted objectively and observations formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the article. Reviewers will identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors and will also notify the editors of any substantial similarity or overlap between the article and any other article (published or unpublished).
- Any invited referee who has conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies or institutions connected to the manuscript and the work described will be immediately replace with more fair referee.
- Unpublished material disclosed in a submitted article will not be used in a reviewer’s own research without the express written consent of the authors. Information or ideas obtained through peer review will be kept confidential and not used for the reviewer’s personal advantage.
- The publisher, together with the editors, take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, and under no circumstances encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
- Each article accepted and published in JKK, its grammar and sentences are checked with Grammarly® applicationand is recommended to use Reference Manager application Mendeley.
- This journal utilizes the Kandaga Unpad (Unpad OneSearch), Google Scholar, and Indonesian Publication Index (IPI) system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.