About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Journal of Accounting, Management, and Economics (JAME) is bi-annually peer-reviewed journal issued by Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Jenderal Soedirman. JAME aims to be the media for publishing empirical issues related to accounting, management, and economics studies.
JAME invites manuscripts in the various topics but not limited to, functional areas of accounting, management economics, including behavioral accounting, financial accounting, public sector accounting, marketing management, finance management, operation management, human resource management and economic development.
JAME main objective is disseminating empirical issues in accounting, management and economics issues to the broad audiences such as, but not exclusive to academicians, graduate students and business practitioners.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts that have been submitted in JAME will go through these processes:
- Author submit the manuscript
- Editor Evaluation [some manuscripts are rejected or returned before the review process]
- Double-blind peer review process
- Editor Decision
- Confirmation to the authors
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- All submitted manuscripts are reviewed by at least two reviewers who are expert in their subject.
- The originality, soundness, novelty and language are factors that are taken into account in review by reviewers.
- The result of review is categorized into eligible to publish without revision, eligible to publish with minor revision, eligible to publish with major revision, and rejection.
- There is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted even authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit the manuscript.
- Rejected manuscript will not be re-reviewed.
- Editors have full responsibility and authority to reject/accept a manuscript.
- Editors should guarantee the quality of the papers published.
- Editors should provide all information required by authors to improve the publication.
- Editors should preserve the identity or anonymity of reviewers.
- Editors should not allow any conflicts of interest among authors, reviewers and board members.
- Authors have to certify that the manuscript has not previously been published or is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Authors have to certify that manuscript submitted is free from plagiarism.
- Authors have to follow the rule of guideline of JAME.
- Authors state that all data analyzed are real.
- Reviewers should evaluate a manuscript solely on academic merits, in which if a conflict of interest is detected it should be immediately notified to the editor.
- Reviewers have to keep all information related to the manuscript reviewed.
- Reviewers should review a manuscript objectively.
- Reviewers should notify clearly on unclear statement written by authors.
- Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulted from competitive or relationships with any of the authors.
- If plagiarism is detected, reviewers should notify the editors immediately.
- General Rules
- JAME cannot accept an article if it is not the author's original work, has been published before (conference paper could be accepted if it is has been revised so that it is significantly different), or is currently under consideration for publication in another journal.
- Manuscripts should consist of 5000-7000 words (including tables, figures, and references), although manuscripts exceeding 7000 words could be considered.
- Manuscripts should be written in English. If you are not an English native, you are strongly advised to ask your English-speaking colleague to proofread your article.
- Manuscripts should be formatted in 1,5 spacing, A4 paper size, 12-point Times New Roman, and saved as Word file. For more detail and precise, authors are encourage to use JAME Manuscript Template
- JAME only receive articles from online submission
Manuscripts submitted to JAME should consists of two parts
- TITLE PAGE
The first part of the manuscript called title page should have these following heading, which also can be seen more detail and precise in JAME Manuscript Template
Article title should consists of no more than 20 words. Write a specific and effective title.
Author name and affiliation
Author name, affiliation, and email address should be written in the article. In case of more than one author contributed to the article, those informations should be available for each author.
Abstract should be written in English. The abstract, consists of no more than 200 words, should inform the readers briefly about the manuscript’s purpose, methods, findings, and values. References are not allowed to be cited in abstract.
Authors should provide maximum 5 keywords representing what are essentials in the article.
- MAIN PAGE
The second part of the manuscript called main page should have these following heading, which also can be seen more detail and precise in JAME Manuscript Template
- Literature Review
- Results And Discussion
As authors should follow the instructions as described above, authors also should follow the instructions related to citation and artworks as provide below.
Work cited in the manuscript should use the “author-date-system” as can be seen in JAME Citation Guidelines.
Author must provide high quality artwork for all illustrations. Poor resolution or definition is not acceptable. Tables and Figures should be numbered separately. (Table 1, Table 2; Figure 1, Figure 2). Each table and figure should be given a title and should be presented on a separate page at the end of the manuscript. Figures and tables reproduced from already published work must be accompanied by permission of the original publisher (or copyright holder, if not the publisher).
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been published before (conference paper could be accepted if it is has been revised so that it is significantly different), or is currently under consideration for publication in another journal.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The submission is formatted in 1,5 spacing, A4 paper size, 12-point Times New Roman
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.