Manuscript General Preparation
The manuscript should be written in the following rules and criteria:
- Insignia Journal of International Relations seeks original manuscripts of research articles and opinion articles on International Relations studies. The scope of the journal, but is not restricted to, the following areas: international security studies, globalization and development studies, diplomacy and foreign policy, regional studies, international political economy, and non-traditional issues.
- The article should be original and not a work of plagiarism, have never been published in another media or publications, and should never be send to another media or publications at the same time.
- The article is written in Bahasa or English with in the format of essay, with title on each section of the article. Title must be specific, effective, and boldfaced. The title should be written on Cambria, 14 pt., 1 spaces with 20 words. Title for section and subsection hierarchy should be on boldface or italic without numbering.
- The abstract contains a brieft introduction to the problem, objectives, methods, results, and conclusion. Abstract is single-spaced written in English and Indonesia. Each abstract should contain no more than 250 words. Written in Cambria, 10 Pt, Italic.
- The keywords contains 3-5 word, alphabetically ordered, using the same language as abstract. Avoid using multiple concept and plural term (e.d. ‘and’, ‘of’). These keywords will be used for indexing process.
- The article should be written on Cambria, 12 pt., 1 spaces with length of 5000-6000 words (not including bibliography) and sent through Online Journal System (OJS) website. Please login or register.
- It would be preferred for author to use source of reference with publications from the last 10 years. The preferred references are primary sources such as research article within scientific journals or research report (including undergraduate thesis, graduate thesis, and dissertation).
- Citation should be made with body note based on APA (American Psychological Association) style. The author has to quote Insignia Journal of International Relations citation with minimum 2 quotations/ required citations.
- Authors has full responsibility upon their submitted article.
- Editorial team has the right to edit an article without changing the substance and the original idea of the author.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is using Cambria font with size of 12, space of 1, page size of A4, left and top margins of 3 cm, right and bottom margin of 2.5 cm. Employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines and Template.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the authors of the document have deleted their names from the text. With Microsoft Office documents, author identification should also be removed from the properties for the file.
Guideline for Online Submission
Author should first register as Author and is offered as Reviewer through the following address: http://jos.unsoed.ac.id/index.php/insignia/user/register. The author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “Submissions”. In the start a Submissions section, click on “’New Submission”: to go to step one of the four-step submission process. The following are four steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Choose “Articles” on the Section. The author must check-mark on the Submission Requirements.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Upload Submission. Choose “Article Text” and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx/.rtf) to be submitted, then click "Upload File" button until the file has been uploaded. Click “Continue” and “Complete” button to go to the next step.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Confirming the Submission: The article has been uploaded and is ready to be sent. Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Insignia Journal of International Relations, click "Finish Submission" button after the documents are true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes a status of manuscript review and editorial process.